HomeWell Care Services Response to the Coronavirus Pandemic
Dear Clients and Families:
HomeWell Care Services is actively monitoring the progression of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) to ensure that we have the most accurate and latest information on the threat of the virus. As you know, this situation continues to develop rapidly as new cases are identified in our communities.
While many cases of COVID-19 symptoms are mild, causing only fever and cough, approximately 20% of cases become severe and may progress particularly in the older population and people with underlying medical conditions. Because this is the primary population that HomeWell serves, we understand your concerns and want to share with you how we are responding to the threat of COVID-19 as it relates to our home care services and daily operations.
We are following updates and procedures from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) State Department of Health, local and county authorities, and other agencies and resources. Our response and plans may adjust according to the recommendations from these organizations.
- As a standard practice, our emergency preparedness plan is in place. We continue to follow it as this situation evolves or will update it accordingly.
- All caregivers follow established protocol regarding staying home when sick and will not provide home care. This practice is not new to our staff, but we are operating under heightened sensitivity to any sign of illness at this time.
- Communication with caregivers to assess any known risk factors, such as travel to areas with widespread outbreaks or local contact in areas known to have reported cases are ongoing. Our staff is advised not to report to work or provide home care if they are deemed high-risk.
- For clients we serve who reside in facilities or other group-type living situations, we work closely with the facility on any protocols, exchange of information, or other guidelines as necessary.
- Many of our clients are especially at risk, given they are older adults or have underlying health issues. As a home care provider, we are vigilant about our need to help protect these individuals from illness be it the flu, COVID-19, or any other communicable disease. These measures are not new to us as we seek to minimize risk regularly for our clients, regardless of an outbreak such as this new coronavirus.
Finally, we believe home remains the safest place for you or your loved one, as indications show that the virus is spread more quickly in facilities and larger group or public settings. Possible exposure will remain the lowest for those who are able to stay in their homes with limited outside contact. HomeWell feels fortunate to be able to provide in-home care that can keep people at home or limited exposure in group settings through personalized care and support.
This is what we do. This is what we’ve always done, and we are here for you. Let us help you receive the peace of mind that everyone is seeking during this unprecedented time. HomeWell Care Services: Trusted Care. True Compassion.
For more information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit: The Center for Disease Control